Brian from the USA said: “..Every year, my wife and I trek somewhere in the world for a week or two, always self supported. This year we decided to do the Huayhuash Circuit, but do it with a guide. After talking to four different outfits in town, we decided to go with Peruvian Andes Adventures. We were blown away by the service of all their staff. They were very easy to deal with in the planning stages, providing lots of detailed information about the area, the trek, the logistics, etc. We were very particular about the itinerary and they work with us to make our specific desires happen”
Our Cordillera Blanca & Cordillera Huayhuash Trekking & Climbing Service Includes:
• Personalised expert advice
• Qualified and licensed trekking and climbing guides
• UIAGM international certified climbing guides
• English speaking trekking and climbing guides available
• Day tours and acclimatisation hikes
• All meals and snacks on treks and climbs
• Vegetarian, gluten free, vegan and dairy free and other special diet requests catered for
• Good quality client tents, cooking tent, dining tent, toilet tent
• Thermorest Sleeping Mattress & Foam Mat
• Donkeys and donkey drivers
• Rescue Horse
• Private trek transport in a well maintained vehicle with careful drivers
• Emergency Equipment
• First Aid kit
• Family Guesthouse
• Personalised attention in Huaraz, briefings, medical attention (if needed)
• Responsible Tourism and Environmental Care Policy
• Help with Hire Equipment
• Booking of bus tickets, domestic flight tickets, hotels and guesthouses
• Lima transfers
• Free transfers Huaraz bus station – Huaraz hotel – bus station
John from the USA did an Alpamayo Circuit Trek & Climbed Pisco: “..PAA does both the big and the small details right. Everyone is focussed on ensuring your adventure, trek or climb is done safely and with the greatest chance it will be successful. I give PAA my highest recommendation!
Trip pricing varies depending on the length of the trek, number of clients in the group and if climbing – the difficulty of the peak. Many of our trips are “tailor made” with special requests for a trek route or climb or combination of trek & climb.
Prices are not published on our website – contact us with some information about what you would like to do, the number of people and length of trip and we will send you some ideas for different options and prices.
There are many agencies on Huaraz that are not registered, operate with unqualified staff & offer budget level service and pricing. Many are operating illegally and pay NO taxes. These operators can risk – if caught- being shut down at any time by taxation authorities and having their assets seized.
To protect our clients (for insurance purposes) we are fully registered, operate legally and pay necessary taxes.
We cannot compete on price with the budget operators.
Our staff are paid at above standard rates and are paid promptly. Many staff report to us that other operators delay making wage payment for several weeks or months and not infrequently do not pay cooks or donkey drivers at all.
We are one of very few companies in Huaraz to have an insurance contingency fund for staff in the event of a staff member suffering an accident & injury while working in the mountains.
Our prices reflect our commitment to provide only top quality superior service at a fair price, enabling us to reinvest in staff training, safe practises and quality equipment – plus also to treat our staff with respect and pay them a fair living wage for the work they do.
Jon / USA / Alpamayo Base Camp Trek (Second trek with Peruvian Andes)
As usual, Peruvian Andes seems to be way ahead of other tour groups not only in the service but in the information provided to your clients. I particularly appreciated the advice about the bus travel and avoiding the food. Staying healthy is of primary concern and it wise to avoid any questionable food.